The Forum of Dukely

The Forum of Dukely

Building a gaming community!

Latest topics

» What Have You Guys Been Playing?
Mon Sep 12, 2016 2:00 am by Dukely

» Check Your 6! & Jet Age - Coming To PC!
Fri Aug 19, 2016 1:38 am by Nefaro

» IL2: Battle of Stalingrad
Fri Jan 15, 2016 12:26 pm by Nefaro

» A Private Air Show
Thu Jan 07, 2016 4:50 am by DrZebra

» The Great Game (DEFCON)
Thu Jan 07, 2016 4:49 am by DrZebra

» Follow up on the Dukely Ducks Squadron...
Thu Jan 07, 2016 4:49 am by DrZebra

» New Mode: Enduring Confrontation!
Sun Nov 15, 2015 1:44 pm by Nefaro

» Armored Warfare (free-to-play)
Mon Oct 26, 2015 1:24 pm by Nefaro

» On The Table
Wed Oct 14, 2015 6:32 am by Nefaro

December 2017

SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Spycam: the bomb run as seen from the belgian spy

DrZebra

Spycam: the bomb run as seen from the belgian spy

Post by DrZebra on Thu Oct 09, 2014 10:48 am

2nd mission of today:
slightly amiss because of slightly wrong wind settings.

Dukely
Admin

Re: Spycam: the bomb run as seen from the belgian spy

Post by Dukely on Thu Oct 09, 2014 11:48 pm

Ha very cool! I saw the first run had made a bit of a mess! Two tri-planes where following below us since we crossed over the lines. They got caught by some of our planes and I would still see them every once and awhile as we flew around.

DrZebra

Post by DrZebra on Fri Oct 10, 2014 12:27 am

Just as a bit of an AAR, here is what happened (from my perspective) and the thought process:

mission statistics:
http://www.stats.syndicatesquadron.org/mission/5728/

First Flight:
So, on the first flight, everyone was on the german side, very imbalanced, but since we didn´t want PvP, that was welcome...

SLASH7 was the Albi D3 that joined up, and while the formation flying was good, his radiator handling sugested he was a new player. So i more or less lead the flight to the ai-fighter spot. Enroute, the whole of JG5, which contains quite some experts changed sides to adress the imbalance, and when I was realizing we had an expert-group coordinated with TS against us, I was trying to make the mission short, as I didn´t want the whole flight to get slaughtered (well flown triplanes are nasty opponents). The we encountered a lone triplane slightly below,so i waggled wings (had not yet identified the plane as definatly enemy) and went in... Because it was alone, I suspected it to be a player (they often fly solo) but it soon became clear, that it was ai, and since it was a bit laggy, I broke off and kept it high, so one of you could kill it. Slash7 indeed got it, but somehow crashlanded his plane a little afterwards.. I was then back up with you and decided that it was time for the pre-announced cowardice and simulate a rough engine (I kept pumping the throttle so the fumes appear interrupted) and crashlanding with damaged plane.. which worked really well and it stood up on the nose

Second Flight:
I took a bit of time, but I didn´t wanted to be too much of an easy target, with the DFW you can get good survial rates, IF you are above the enemy. So I climbed in that cloud cover and then set up a simple run.. I messed up the targeting (I should be able to do that better) by a bit wrong wind/speed entry.. that is partly due to not taking enough time on the final lineup, basically the more calm that is, the better you can see if your wind and speed things make sense and give em time to stabilize. well.. But we got credit for damaging a bit of their motor pool. And we got home despite opposition, I even fired some celebratory flares after release, to indicate player action to those ones below.. (ai doesn´t do that)
overall, a bit long flight for not so much results, but a successful flight, to demonstrate that even with good players on you are not automatically done for, if you try to be a bit less obvious. The price is flighttime, though. I hope you still enjoyed it, without too much action.
Dukely
Admin

Post by Dukely on Fri Oct 10, 2014 12:36 am

I didn't keep any of the video from the second flight as very little happened. They first flight was really good and should make a great video.

DrZebra

Post by DrZebra on Fri Oct 10, 2014 1:30 am

it is a bit hard to time things that action and survival cooincide ;=)

For me, it had some nice moments, like climbing behind that cloudwall or not knowing if we´d get the brunt of jasta/rfc 5 on us, but overall, i agree, it isn´t really that fit to be televised if all the enemy is, is just dots below. the first flight was looking way better with the 3 albis in formation and a suitable flightlenght, I think/hope.

in the long run, we probably have to look a bit for various servers, missions etc. to keep things interesting. Do you know this "frankieonpc" guy, I used to watch his DayZ vids because he had sometimes nice storytelling/RP elements in there, but it is very hard to keep such things up for extended timeperiods while avoiding repetitions
Dukely
Admin

Post by Dukely on Fri Oct 10, 2014 1:37 am

It was a perfect length for a video. The fella that was with us had a hard time keeping formation, but then again so did I as I feared he might hit me or I you since my albi seemed faster then yours.

DrZebra

Post by DrZebra on Fri Oct 10, 2014 1:52 am

I deliberatly throttle back as lead, because otherwise every small bumping and swerving draws the formation out.. If I´m a tiny bit slower, everyone can catch up.

(a thing that actually annoyed me with ai-career, they just don´t care much about keeping the flight together, ;=) )

another thought: for keeping things interesting in the future (if it is all running and all still like it) would be to employ other players for pre-set story elements, often you can ask people if the server is empty if they´d like to try a thing, like our re8-fights. So we could set up a balloon defense, asking others to attack the one we would be defending and such.. to keep action/time for vid and so in a balance (if +/-balanced skill levels given)
Dukely
Admin

Post by Dukely on Fri Oct 10, 2014 2:04 am

Yes, often in single player the flight leader leaves you behind.

I like that idea, would make for some good videos.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:11 am