The Forum of Dukely

The Forum of Dukely

Building a gaming community!

Latest topics

» What Have You Guys Been Playing?
Mon Sep 12, 2016 2:00 am by Dukely

» Check Your 6! & Jet Age - Coming To PC!
Fri Aug 19, 2016 1:38 am by Nefaro

» IL2: Battle of Stalingrad
Fri Jan 15, 2016 12:26 pm by Nefaro

» A Private Air Show
Thu Jan 07, 2016 4:50 am by DrZebra

» The Great Game (DEFCON)
Thu Jan 07, 2016 4:49 am by DrZebra

» Follow up on the Dukely Ducks Squadron...
Thu Jan 07, 2016 4:49 am by DrZebra

» New Mode: Enduring Confrontation!
Sun Nov 15, 2015 1:44 pm by Nefaro

» Armored Warfare (free-to-play)
Mon Oct 26, 2015 1:24 pm by Nefaro

» On The Table
Wed Oct 14, 2015 6:32 am by Nefaro

October 2017

SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Big Update

Nefaro
Flight Leader

Big Update

Post by Nefaro on Fri Jan 30, 2015 7:26 pm

So the big Mouse Flight & UI update came out.  Today?

Hopefully this doesn't mean I'll have to reset all my damn keybindings in ROF.  

That happened in a post-release IL-2:BOS patch and I just haven't wanted to dick with it anytime soon.  ROF is better all-around, of course, so I'm not saying I will shelve it if that's the case.  I love you Just that it's an annoying waste of time when that happens.
GenMarkof007

Re: Big Update

Post by GenMarkof007 on Sat Jan 31, 2015 12:41 am

Well, your in for a big surprise in that case...
After downloading the last update of ROF last night, and trying it out for around 2 hours.
It's seem's that many settings that you did have are now changed or removed.
Same for responses curves for all of the planes.

My key settings (keybindings) for many options are also not working...

As for the interface GUI of the game, they decided to add many new features for the newbe (aiming and gunning helper), mouse control (not really that good), new small hud  that you can't even move around like before???, some icons are now in the center top of your main screen, options and close icon at the bottom right of the screen, just to name a few of them.

Again, I think that the planes settings were again changed with this new update!
I had to try to take off 5 times with the DH2, just to found out that wind factor was a bigger part when taking off.

I have a bit more testing to do, but for now, not sure about this new update.
You take so much time to make the game the way you want to play it, and one update just come and change all your settings...

Cheers
Gen
Nefaro
Flight Leader

Post by Nefaro on Sat Jan 31, 2015 3:49 am

Dammit.

I suspect the increased wind effects on take-off are what was causing Dukely's issues in his Belgian career vid.  

It's hard to believe there were a lot of complaints about the wind effects that they had to raise them so much.  So what the hell are they doing?  If it isn't broke, don't f-ing fix it people.

I thought they were wasting time by adding mouse control and changing the UI but if it didn't mess with what I was using the there would be no harm in it.  Doesn't sound like that is the case.  I would spend more time on flight sims, in general, if it wasn't for all the required setup time and tweaking.  Then you get updates that screw it all up and force you to do it over again. No  

Sorry, I wanted to rant.  I loathe doing a clean flight sim setup.  So much so that I save back-ups on two different drives.  Not just for the time required to rebind all the commands but also for the stick sensitivies & curves that will feel off after trying to recreate the old settings.

I wanted to put a little time in this weekend with ROF, although Sunday is probably out of the question. Not so sure now. I expect the usual follow-up patch to the patch since all these changes will likely produce some issues yet to be found. Could be in for another settings wiping patch soon.
DrZebra

Post by DrZebra on Sun Feb 01, 2015 3:45 am

i am not very happy with the latest update, but to be fair wind effects have not been in the changelog and what made dukleys takeoffs in the career vid fail was a real world danger: Beeing concentrated on other things then the checklist items on takeoff.. you can clearly see he forgot the mixture, though memory returned after 10min. But when you fly and talk your brain is only half in the flying and that can sometimes produce difficulties.

Dukley and I had some fun testflying mouse control, but it really had us scratching our heads.. it must be the most useless feature ever. lots of bugs and inacuracies with it, too. man, WHAT WHERE THEY THINKIN´?

Nefaro
Flight Leader

Post by Nefaro on Mon Feb 02, 2015 4:12 am

I expect they will be doing extra updates for the mouse control.  I know what they were thinking.. that they wanted to capitalize on the hordes of War Thunder players using mouse mode.  Unfortunately the aircraft in ROF are much more difficult to control than those in WT so I also wondered why they bothered.  Any of the casual arcade WT flyers who attempt to fly like that in ROF will be sorely disappointed.

I'd say the update was largely unneeded.  The Fokker Dr.I definitely needed a bit of a speed nerf but other than such minor FM changes I think the dev time could've been put to better use elsewhere.  

I've still not even started it up to see if my kebyind & curves backups will load up properly.  Maybe I'll try it later this week but I fully expect to see some more patches to the patch so procrastinating may save me another setup spree.

As for Dukely's wing-tipping take-offs, I'm not so sure it was just the small power loss for not lowering his mixture down 10% before take-off. I've taken off numerous times after forgetting to lean it a bit without such violent wingovers. But he does need to push forward a bit until his tail is up so that he can build speed faster before pulling back for lift-off. rabbit
DrZebra

Post by DrZebra on Tue Feb 03, 2015 12:01 pm

just a heads up.. there was a small correction patch released, and it seems at least the "aiming help always on" is gone now.. But I still recomend playing with crt+I all icons off, as the ugly compass and useless icons are still in the game...
DrZebra

Post by DrZebra on Tue Feb 03, 2015 12:53 pm

ok, just tested the hotfix.. but it has not fixed the issue of aiming help despite claims of having it fixed.

sad show, really.

Dukely
Admin

Post by Dukely on Wed Feb 04, 2015 3:39 am

Will be giving this game a break from my channel and my free time.

GenMarkof007

Post by GenMarkof007 on Wed Feb 04, 2015 3:42 am

Dukely wrote:Will be giving this game a break from my channel and my free time.

A bit sad, was loving your ROF career videos!
Cheers
Gen
Dukely
Admin

Post by Dukely on Wed Feb 04, 2015 8:50 am

I still have a few episodes recorded. Maybe in a few weeks I'll start a new career.

GenMarkof007

Post by GenMarkof007 on Wed Feb 04, 2015 8:53 am

Dukely wrote:I still have a few episodes recorded. Maybe in a few weeks I'll start a new career.

Great news!
From a big ROF fan Wink

Cheers
DrZebra

Post by DrZebra on Wed Feb 04, 2015 9:19 am

ok.. it seems I was actually mistaken, the aiming help things are now (with the hotfix) not any longer tied to the steering mode... but the reargun aiming help is not offswitchable anymore..

I made a poll over at the RoF sites to ask for switch options, please squadron, support this request!

http://riseofflight.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=49&t=45204

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:27 am