The Forum of Dukely

The Forum of Dukely

Building a gaming community!

Latest topics

» What Have You Guys Been Playing?
Mon Sep 12, 2016 2:00 am by Dukely

» Check Your 6! & Jet Age - Coming To PC!
Fri Aug 19, 2016 1:38 am by Nefaro

» IL2: Battle of Stalingrad
Fri Jan 15, 2016 12:26 pm by Nefaro

» A Private Air Show
Thu Jan 07, 2016 4:50 am by DrZebra

» The Great Game (DEFCON)
Thu Jan 07, 2016 4:49 am by DrZebra

» Follow up on the Dukely Ducks Squadron...
Thu Jan 07, 2016 4:49 am by DrZebra

» New Mode: Enduring Confrontation!
Sun Nov 15, 2015 1:44 pm by Nefaro

» Armored Warfare (free-to-play)
Mon Oct 26, 2015 1:24 pm by Nefaro

» On The Table
Wed Oct 14, 2015 6:32 am by Nefaro

November 2017

SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Introducing Ourselves .... To Our Fellow Pilots

ChiefRedCloud

Introducing Ourselves .... To Our Fellow Pilots

Post by ChiefRedCloud on Fri Oct 03, 2014 6:47 am

I'll just introduce myself as being new to this forum. I am ChiefRedCloud or just Chief. I'm from New Wings Virtual Flight Training . You may see me around other Flight sims forums such as DCS, ATAG (Cliffs of Dover) or BoS (Battle of Stalingrad. I am 67 years old and am a retired (20) Military Police Officer (Enlisted not true officer). I've had an interest in Flight sims and Military sims for some number of years now. I play ArmA 3 occasionally and am tied up with Flight simming at the moment. I do enjoying single player gaming and have played a number of games such as Assassins Creed (all to date) and Bio Shock (all to date). So I am not anti gaming as apposed to simming. But there is a line no matter how fine it is.

I started my Flight simming back with MS Combat Flight Sims 1,2, & 3. Then moved on to IL-2 Sturmovik (the first) and all that followed. I cut my teeth on Coop playing in IL-2 1946 so when Jimmy proposed this coop idea, I jumped on it. But a side note here, RL, My wife has stage four cancer which I have to alter my schedule often, like today to accommodate.  And I will soon have an eye operation so I can see this bloody text and read again. Cataracts .... Old age things .... So though I enthusiastic and very supportive, as is New Wings, I may have to cope out some here.

I look forward to working with you guys and helping if I can.

Chief
Dukely
Admin

Re: Introducing Ourselves .... To Our Fellow Pilots

Post by Dukely on Fri Oct 03, 2014 6:58 am

Hey Chief! Cool to hear about your military service, some of my family members were also MPs. Sorry to hear about your wife, my mother and aunt went through cancer as well and have both manged to beat it! So NEVER give up!

Anyway glad to have you involved in the project! Jimmy said New Wings might be able to host a server for us, which I was really excited about. Zebra and I have been kicking this whole idea around for more then a week now. We have most of it all figured out, just waiting to hear back from them right now. Most of the discussion about this project started in the Rise of Flight section of this forum so if you wanna see the sort of things we have been discussing i would check that out.

kotori87

Post by kotori87 on Fri Oct 03, 2014 5:16 pm

Ahoy there!  I am Kotori87.  I fly for New Wings and =TM= squadron.  I am a model builder who pays the bills by driving submarines in the US Navy.  I started with Legos before I learned to walk, and moved into the field of radio control during high school.  I started flight simming because it was easier to load a saved game than to pick up model debris scattered over a few hundred meters of open field.  I still build models, and recently started flying FPV, or first-person view.  Alas, my greatest FPV flight ended in disaster when I flew out of radio range, and my six-foot-wingspan B-17 bomber crashed three miles away from over 1500 feet up.

I started flying with the New Wings crew when they started their Tuesday Night Fly-ins, where I learned formation flying and the basics of combat.  I continued my online career with =TM= squadron in Bloody April III, and my experience there inspired me to start New Wings Bomber Night.  I can safely say that I can pilot any plane in ROF, I just might not always be available due to my habit of going out to sea on submarines.

JimmyBlonde

Post by JimmyBlonde on Fri Oct 03, 2014 9:23 pm

Hi, I'm JimmyBlonde.

I stole my name from an old 90's racing game, one of the AI drivers was called "James Blonde". In "real life" I do repetitive and menial things until people give me money. In my real life I'm more like Walter Mitty, a day dreamer. I spent most of my school years drawing pictures of Spitfires and Mustangs in my work books, I was the first (and only) kid in my class to score a kill in Hellcat Ace (A 1984 game that was designed by Sid Meier on the Atari and ported to PC in the early 90's) and ever since then I've played any flying game or simulation I could get my hands on.

To steal a famous saying:

"I spent all my money on booze, fast women and flight simulators, the rest I just wasted."
Dukely
Admin

Post by Dukely on Sat Oct 04, 2014 2:24 am

Hello to all! Guess I better say something about myself now. I've played video games since I was pretty young. My dad gave me Duke Nukum and Commander Keen. I played mostly console games until I was in high school and got my first high-end PC. I play pretty much every kind of game out there. Currently I work from home on my YouTube account, best job ever! My nickname comes from a friend of mine who was very fond of drugs and one day he called me Dukely.

DrZebra

Post by DrZebra on Sat Oct 04, 2014 5:15 am

i´m a bit of a thirtysomething with a rather diverse career so far, after the one science didn´t work out. And a tiny bit of planenerd and history enthusiast with some working experience in museums, which sadly isn´t a very well working career in todays time, because the financial pressures on the model of state founded museums (like they used to be) are currently enormous.  

I hope your wife gets well good, chief. No fight is over till its over.
NPC

Post by NPC on Tue Oct 14, 2014 2:27 pm

Wouldn't hurt to introduce myself as well!

I'm NPC! I've been a flight sim guy from a pretty early age actually. Being a fan of Sturmovik since I was in high school. Over the years I've upgraded my sim gear from a simple joy stick to a full blown Track IR, x55 Rhino, and CH Pro Pedals set up. (brings a tear to my eye just thinking about it!)

I'm also a new YouTuber! If I can even call myself that yet lol. After being a part of a stream group for a pretty long amount of time, I figured that the type of games that I liked to stream (sims and such) would be better suited to a YouTube channel than a live stream. So, here I am!

I'm looking forward to flying in some multipalyer career mode style games, It sounds like a great amount of fun!

- NPC
Typhunius

Post by Typhunius on Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:04 am

'Ello lads! I'm Typhun. looking forward to flying with the squad!

I've been Simming since Knights of the sky, and Red Baron 3D, and like NPC from a pretty young age. Rise of Flights a firm favorite for me, and you might have seen me in New-Wings or Aces falling, usually with an ST_ in front of my name. but don't be fooled by that, i'm a nice guy really!

Setup-wise, i'm running this on a middling to low-end PC, with X52 pedals, the throttle off of an X52 stick-set, and a Logitech pro stick. Bit of a hybrid system, but it works!

Anyway, looking forward to seeing you guys in the air, and some career shenanigans!
SeaLord
Operations Officer

Post by SeaLord on Wed Nov 05, 2014 11:12 am

Greetings! I am SeaLord. I am 53, married (no kids) and I work for the Federal Government at the U.S. Office of Personnel Management, in Retirement Policy. I have worked in the Federal Government since 1990. I live in Fairfax, Virginia.

My friends gave me the nickname "Admiral" or "The 1st Sea Lord" because I served in the Navy for four years. I was an officer (please don't hold it against me) and I reached the high rank of Lt.Jg. before I resigned to become a civil servant (please don't hold that againdt me either). In the Navy I was the Main Propulsion Assistant on a Knox class frigate (1200 p.s.i. steam plant). (For ChiefRedCloud--My dad was an MP in Berlin and other part of Germany before the Wall went up. Sorry to hear about your wife. My mom had cancer. Unfortunately, she lost her fight. But, that was when I was a kid and the treatments are so much better now. So, hang in there!)

I went to law school at night when I was working for the Federal Government and I am an Associate Member of the Virginia State Bar, but I just do policy work for the Government (regulations, etc.).

I have always been interested in World War I and World War II aircraft. When I was a kid I read every book about fighter pilots I could get my hands on, so I know a lot of trivia about the planes that are in Rise of Flight. I have played board and video wargames since I was a teenager. I used to play Red Baron (1990) from Dynamix. It was a great simulation for the time, but it only had polygon graphics and is really dated now. I want to fly with humans because that is the most fun. I also like the role playing aspect because I used to play the board game Dawn Patrol. It had role playing and it was always fun. I am looking forward to flying again.
GenMarkof007

Hi to all the DD Squad pilots !!! ;)

Post by GenMarkof007 on Sat Jan 03, 2015 4:43 am

Cheers mates, my gaming name for many war games is GenMarkof007... and no, I'm not russian... but canadian ! Wink

Just for the curious,
- Gen stand for General, since I play a lot of arm chair war games;
- Markof is a nickname for my real name Marc... yep with a C! Wink
- 007, well, that's for my license to kill ;

Just wanted to say hi to all members of the DD Flight Squad ! Wink
After buying the ROF Steam special near new years... and viewing around 30 videos of Mister Dukely ROF series... I must say I'm more than interested to join the squad to enjoy and have fun flying over one of the most interesting war era that aviation ever had.

Like many of you, I started my love for war game when electronic games were still fairly ok visually, but the story and work into them, was really great ( Red Baron, Red Baron 3D, History 1914-1918, Close Combat series...) and more. After university, I started a lot of reading on WW1 and the aviation, and it seem's that the battle in the sky is still my favorite subject of all times.

I mostly play online games that can be mod or you can change prefs to your personal preference.

p.s.: just for you to know, I'm still learning a lot on ROF, but feel free to give me input if you see things that could help me. Also, I will try to make some Squad Colors, when I learn more about the process of inserting logo, colors and insignia to planes.

See ya in the sky!
GenMarkof007
Dukely
Admin

Post by Dukely on Sat Jan 03, 2015 6:31 am

Hello and welcome! Glad you enjoyed the videos! If you need help learning to fly the Training section is a great resource thanks to Dr.Zeebra. Would be great to get some squad logos and stuff for our planes. I've been looking for an artist to do some things on my channel, if art is your kinda thing.

GenMarkof007

Post by GenMarkof007 on Sat Jan 03, 2015 6:38 am

Dukely wrote:Hello and welcome! Glad you enjoyed the videos! If you need help learning to fly the Training section is a great resource thanks to Dr.Zeebra. Would be great to get some squad logos and stuff for our planes. I've been looking for an artist to do some things on my channel, if art is your kinda thing.

Hi Dukely,

Just wanted to say I love all the videos I saw from you...
This way of having fun in the air is what I want, I don't need to be an ACE in multiplayer, but more a squad kind of guy.
As for Art, since I'm a graphic designer, I would love to try to make a few things for the squad, so that everyone, get the feelings of being part of the Dukely Duck Squadron!!!

If you have links on importing and creating skin for planes... I could try to see history and recreate a logo that would fit the squadron! Wink

I did buy a few planes after seeing your videos with the german bomber Wink

cheers
Gen
DrZebra

Post by DrZebra on Sun Jan 04, 2015 2:48 am

welcome!
SeaLord
Operations Officer

Post by SeaLord on Sun Jan 04, 2015 3:47 am

Welcome aboard!
copy paper

Post by copy paper on Wed Jun 17, 2015 11:53 am

Hi all! I am copy paper.

I am also a thirty-something. I have put more hours than I care to admit into flight sims, mostly DCS World and Rise of Flight. I have a pretty decent computer, trackir, and a nice HOTAS/rudder setup.

What else? hmm.. my dog enjoys flight sims and will sit behind me and watch whenever I fly. My favorite WWI aircraft is the triphound, and I am pretty good at landing it in RoF with many of it's wings missing. I love flight museums and had to be dragged out of our local WWI/WWII plane collection last time I went.

Oh, and for what it's worth, I make excellent thrustmaster T.A.R.G.E.T. profiles. Really, it's all about buying a complete recreation of a modern plane's HOTAS and then spending hours trying to make a blip switch binding work correctly on it. I think so, anyway.
Dukely
Admin

Post by Dukely on Wed Jun 17, 2015 4:10 pm

Wellcome!

DrZebra

Post by DrZebra on Thu Jun 18, 2015 1:49 am

welcome!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content