The Forum of Dukely

The Forum of Dukely

Building a gaming community!

Latest topics

» What Have You Guys Been Playing?
Mon Sep 12, 2016 2:00 am by Dukely

» Check Your 6! & Jet Age - Coming To PC!
Fri Aug 19, 2016 1:38 am by Nefaro

» IL2: Battle of Stalingrad
Fri Jan 15, 2016 12:26 pm by Nefaro

» A Private Air Show
Thu Jan 07, 2016 4:50 am by DrZebra

» The Great Game (DEFCON)
Thu Jan 07, 2016 4:49 am by DrZebra

» Follow up on the Dukely Ducks Squadron...
Thu Jan 07, 2016 4:49 am by DrZebra

» New Mode: Enduring Confrontation!
Sun Nov 15, 2015 1:44 pm by Nefaro

» Armored Warfare (free-to-play)
Mon Oct 26, 2015 1:24 pm by Nefaro

» On The Table
Wed Oct 14, 2015 6:32 am by Nefaro

December 2017

SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Syndicate Server 4/1/15

Dukely
Admin

Re: Syndicate Server 4/1/15

Post by Dukely on Mon Jan 05, 2015 8:21 am

Yes, i agree. Its hard to coordinate these things though.

DrZebra

Post by DrZebra on Mon Jan 05, 2015 8:35 am

well, we where clearly lacking a good timeframe.... when I went to check, I saw that you and Sealord had apperently allready started so I checked with nefaro and we went too.. Dixiflier then came also but we were allready away. We need a clear timeframe to make going up as team feasible.
GenMarkof007

Post by GenMarkof007 on Mon Jan 05, 2015 8:50 am

DrZebra wrote:well, we where clearly lacking a good timeframe.... when I went to check, I saw that you and Sealord had apperently allready started so I checked with nefaro and we went too.. Dixiflier then came also but we were allready away. We need a clear timeframe to make going up as team feasible.

Hi DrZebra,

I'm with you on a specific date and time for events, giving like a few days before...
So people can reserve that day and setup things before the online Squadron meet up.

For today, I should be online tonight for anyone wanted to join up and try some formation flight out.

As for the SYN event, it seem's at this time that some DLC or map are not available for Steam user.
I did talk with the SYN team by TS3, and they don't know anything about this bug or buy icon?

Cheers to all
Gen
Nefaro
Flight Leader

Post by Nefaro on Mon Jan 05, 2015 8:55 am

GenMarkof007 wrote:
Dukely wrote:May be a bug with the steam version.

Np guys...
thx for the help.
I'll go check my Responses and skins in a WINGS server.
Have fun and I'll try to see what ROF website will say about this.
I've just sent a bug report on the server.

Cheers to al DD Squadron ! Wink

I use the Steam version and had no issues getting into the SYN server today.

The Steam client can often be flaky. If something isn't working right on it, restart the client. Sometimes it misses updates or doesn't fully implement them unless you do so. That's my first suggestion, anyway.
GenMarkof007

Post by GenMarkof007 on Mon Jan 05, 2015 9:13 am

Nefaro wrote:
GenMarkof007 wrote:
Dukely wrote:May be a bug with the steam version.

Np guys...
thx for the help.
I'll go check my Responses and skins in a WINGS server.
Have fun and I'll try to see what ROF website will say about this.
I've just sent a bug report on the server.

Cheers to al DD Squadron ! Wink

I use the Steam version and had no issues getting into the SYN server today.

The Steam client can often be flaky.  If something isn't working right on it, restart the client.  Sometimes it misses updates or doesn't fully implement them unless you do so.  That's my first suggestion, anyway.  

Hi Nefaro,

Thanks for the info, I went to see if an update was available, but i seem to have the last version of my client at this time.
I did go on the SYN server yesterday and all of the maps did download or upload.
I did play around 4 hours without any issues or bugs.
I'm able today to get in all servers, but not the VM Ilya map on the SYN server.
I did also download some skins from ROF website and they work fine inside multiplayer server.

Hope my steam client decides to come back home! Wink
Cheers

DrZebra

Post by DrZebra on Mon Jan 05, 2015 9:28 am

we´re putting a new coordinated flight together with nefaro, tail and sealord! in 10m!

GenMarkof007

Post by GenMarkof007 on Mon Jan 05, 2015 10:07 am

DrZebra wrote:we´re putting a new coordinated flight together with nefaro, tail and sealord! in 10m!

On what server?
I'm on a WING server for now!
Cheers
Dukely
Admin

Post by Dukely on Mon Jan 05, 2015 11:00 am

Sorry i missed this. I was off eating some food. Sad

Nefaro
Flight Leader

Post by Nefaro on Mon Jan 05, 2015 11:37 am

I expect to see videos! Very Happy
DrZebra

Post by DrZebra on Mon Jan 05, 2015 11:37 am

it was actually a lot better with fewer people on. less lag and more tactics.. late vintage mission with some 20-30 people on is actually one of my favorites
DrZebra

Post by DrZebra on Mon Jan 05, 2015 11:39 am

well in the end it did work out, quite well..

next time we also get you on GenMarkow and Dixiflier also. It is fun as a team.
dixieflyer

Post by dixieflyer on Mon Jan 05, 2015 11:57 am

DrZebra wrote: It is fun as a team.

Actually, it's only fun as a team. In the last week since I've been flying again, and in the past when I was flying, the only folks that seemed to be having fun were the ones who showed up with a team, squad, squadron, etc. While lone wolf patrols make good reading, they're the best way to get shot down, etc. by a group operating as a group. Smile

Until I can get some time that I can consistently set aside for doing this, meet up with folks, etc. I think I'll just fly single-player, hang out on the NW Basic Training Server, Tuesday Night Fly-In, etc.

Warren
GenMarkof007

Post by GenMarkof007 on Mon Jan 05, 2015 12:11 pm

dixieflyer wrote:

Actually, it's only fun as a team. In the last week since I've been flying again, and in the past when I was flying, the only folks that seemed to be having fun were the ones who showed up with a team, squad, squadron, etc. While lone wolf patrols make good reading, they're the best way to get shot down, etc. by a group operating as a group. Smile

Until I can get some time that I can consistently set aside for doing this, meet up with folks, etc. I think I'll just fly single-player, hang out on the NW Basic Training Server, Tuesday Night Fly-In, etc.

Warren

If anyone got still some time tonight,
I'm going to do a few patrol in the sky of the NW- New Wings - Verdun - late. Around 14 people at this time.
See you up in the sky!

Cheers Wink
Nefaro
Flight Leader

Post by Nefaro on Mon Jan 05, 2015 3:18 pm

dixieflyer wrote:

Warren

I kinda enjoy lone flights on the Full Realism servers.  I get shot up quite often but it's enjoyable, even relaxing at times in a strange paranoid sorta way.  Still get some opportunities on occasion too.

The real trick to it is knowing when you're being led into a trap.  Which is most of the time when you run into more than one person out to get you.  You should always assume that the bomber flight, or the first scout to pass close by, is bait and someone else is waiting to bounce you as soon as you commit to aiming at the first ones and get target-focused.   See!  Fun paranoia!  Wink
GenMarkof007

Post by GenMarkof007 on Mon Jan 05, 2015 3:37 pm

Nefaro wrote:
dixieflyer wrote:

Warren

I kinda enjoy lone flights on the Full Realism servers.  I get shot up quite often but it's enjoyable, even relaxing at times in a strange paranoid sorta way.  Still get some opportunities on occasion too.

The real trick to it is knowing when you're being led into a trap.  Which is most of the time when you run into more than one person out to get you.  You should always assume that the bomber flight, or the first scout to pass close by, is bait and someone else is waiting to bounce you as soon as you commit to aiming at the first ones and get target-focused.   See!  Fun paranoia!  Wink

Saw that tonight on one of the NW servers...
Got my target on a lone german scout and after only a few seconds, one DRI just swoop on my 6 and gun me down! Wink
But was fun just starting to shoot the scout.
Cheers Wink

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:22 am